Call for applications - Educators for the Democracy workshops
The Administration of the Assembly of Kosovo, supported by the ERSTE Foundation
The project "Democracy Workshops" supported by ERSTE Foundation, for theAssembly of Kosovo, with the implementing NGO "TOKA", announces:
Call for applications - Educators for the "Democracy workshops" project at the Assembly of Kosovo
Democracy Workshops is a program of the Assembly of Kosovo for elementary school students, offering them knowledge about parliamentary democracy,functioning of the parliament, adoption and implementation of laws, as well other topics about civic education. Trained educators develop the program in the form of workshops, where children and young people learn how democracy works.
Educator for the Democracy Workshops
Main task and responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Planning and implementing the workshops so that the participants are active, feel comfortable to ask questions and actively participate in Democracy Workshops;
- Preparing optimal conditions for workshops, which meet the needs of the participants;
- Creating a positive learning atmosphere during the workshops;
- Teaching children through individual and group presentations, discussions and activities;
- Informing the Project Manager and other staff members about the progress of the workshops and other important issues that may affect them.
Qualifications required to apply
- Graduated or in the last year of studies in social sciences; GPA above 7.5;
- Citizen of the Republic of Kosovo;
- Experience in working with groups of children or youth;
- Communication skills in spoken and written form, in Albanian and English language;
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Adaptable to work in changing circumstances, with different communities;
- Collaborative with a positive attitude, enthusiasm, professionalism and with a strong work ethic.
Desirable but not obligatory:
- Certificate of course "Leadership and youth community work"A or B level;
- Experience in working with children with disabilities;
- Possession of a driving license.
Interested applicants should submit the following documentation in English: a motivation letter, CV, grade transcript, diploma and confirmation that they are not under judicial process. The Assembly of Kosovo encourages female candidates and ethnic minorities to apply.
Applications must be sent by email to email@example.com. Deadline for applications is 25th April 2016, at 17:00 hours.
Candidates must be available to attend an interview (held between 3rd-5th May 2016), as well as a three-day educator evaluation session, conducted by a joint panel of local and international members (between 25th-28th May inclusive).
Selected candidates should be ready to start work on June 1, 2016.