Announcement for Hymn of Republic of Kosovo
Presidency of the Assembly of Republic of Kosova
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR HYMN OF REPUBLIC OF KOSOVO
This announcement is mainly related with music composition and not with the text of the hymn. Nevertheless, texts can be included as well in the application, in any official language of Republic of Kosovo.
THE ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE HYMN OF REPUBLIC OF KOSOVO
Applications for the hymn shall be received if they are submitted until the given term in this announcement and are consistent with criteria and Rules included in this announcement.
Criteria for the proposals in order to define the Hymn of Republic of Kosovo
1. Composition should be distinguishable:
- should be unique and original
2. Length of the composition shouldn’t last less than 30 seconds and more than 60 seconds.
3. Any proposal should comprise the content of overall proposal for Republic of Kosovo Status Settlement.
4. In order of including the overall proposal in selecting the specific manner, all proposals:
- Shouldn’t present or be similar to the hymn or popular song of any country, or hymn of any political party, movement or Institution of Republic of Kosovo, or to implicate any faithfulness towards any ethnic community of Republic of Kosovo.
Rules of application on the announcement of Hymn of Republic of Kosovo:
• Applications should be submitted in a closed envelope as following:
- a clear copy of music notes
- a version of recorded composition, followed by at least one musical instrument ( tape, CD or similar)
- a document which includes these information: name and surname, address, telephone number, date and place of birth of the applicant.
- One declaration of the applicant as following:
“This is my composition. I authorize the selection Committee to publish or to present the composition during and after the announcement. If my composition is selected I authorize its use as a Hymn of Republic of Kosovo without any time limit or form, and without privilege requests or other rewards. I also quit from the right to interpret/play or use music notes with which I have applied in any manner for three months from the day when it is announced the selection of the composition”.
• The text can be presented in official languages of Republic of Kosovo.
• To the composition can be attached a short description (not more than 150 words) as an explanation of inspiration of the composition, written in a separate letter in official languages of Republic of Kosovo.
• When the application is delivered the applicant cannot interpret/play composition in any public manifestation up to three months after the deadline of the announcement and the selection of the Hymn. If the applicant does not fulfill this Rule, he/she can be disqualified immediately.
• When the application is delivered that becomes a property of announcement Committee. Taking this into account the applicant cannot publish, show or use composition in any public manifestation until the deadline of the announcement and the selection of the Hymn. If the applicant does not fulfill this Rule he/she can be disqualified immediately.
The three selected proposals shall be rewarded as following:
- First place: 10.000 €
- Second place: 7.000 €
- Third place: 5.000 €
Organizers of the announcement do not hold any responsibilities or obligation for any legal indictment raised by an application with plagiarism materials, or raised by the management of the announcement.
Applications for the announcement should be submitted not later than 17.00 hours on 31 March 2008.
The application can be submitted directly from 8.00 a.m until 17.00 p.m, or through mail, in a simple envelope, which should include clearly the following address:
Government of Republic of Kosovo
Announcement for Hymn of Kosovo
Street “Nene Teresa”
New Government Building
Third floor, No.311
10000 Pristine, Republic of Kosovo
Applying through electronic post for this announcement is not allowed for the sake of confidentiality.
The announcement shall be opened 20 day from the announcement date.
Any questions regarding the application on the announcement can be addressed in this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or on telephone numbers: 038/200-14-925, Cell: +37744/929-600 and fax: 038/201-14-030.